Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > MaxiDiag Elite > MD802 > Problem upgrading my MD802
Problem upgrading my MD802

8891 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: 2014-03-31 11:35:38

•   Level 3   
    (53) points
    glennd11
    2014-03-11 00:21:12
     Hi All, can someone point me in the right direction to upgrade the software on my brand new MD802.
    A quick history of what i have done so far.

I registered my serial number and password on the Autel site.
    I then installed the supplied pcsuit on my pc, this kept failing to install one of the updates so i downloaded and installed the pcsuit V6.13 from the Autel website.
    I installed this and clicked on the Autel update icon 
    This brings up an install DS708disckpack1 (i am assuming that this is not the correct software for my machine) but i am just following the onscreen instructions.
    When this has installed i enter my details in the password box, The Autel box comes up and all i get is a message saying "serial number in this sd card is MDF312000072 and does not match the serial number of this user ID.
    I am currently using the will to live... all help will be much appreciated.
    Kindest Regards
    Glenn

•   Level 4   
    (171) points
    garyr

2014-03-11 03:00:00 (Reply to:glennd11)

down load the one at the top off the 6 to choose from which should be the right one.

but don't update the 4gb card bay 8-16gb card and do update all on that read previse threads on this forum first it will help u.  

•   Level 3   
    (53) points
    glennd11
    2014-03-11 11:12:15 (Reply to:garyr)
     Thanks for your reply Gary, it was the top one that i installed for the 802, but as i said it loads up the ds702 and gives me that error message, i will buy a bigger sd card and try that.

•   Level 3   
    (53) points
    glennd11
    2014-03-11 12:15:50
     Right the saga continues..
    Uninstalled pcsuite from my computer, reinstalled pcsuite from supplied disk. got message saying newer version available update now. so clicked yes and i still get this ds708 servicepack downloading. is this correct for the md802 because it will not recognise my card because my serial number is registered to an md802. Have autel got their downloads muddled up ??

•   Level 4   
    (171) points
    garyr

2014-03-11 12:35:00 (Reply to:glennd11)

when you registered the tool did it say it was an MD802?If this is the problem a new sd card will not help.  It has been known for MD701 and a couple of other tools have been sent as MD802,s.  The best idea give Autel a call to whatever country your in and they should be able to help you establish what model of tool you have and then go from there.this error mite have saved you an even bigger  problem the 4gb card isn't big enough for all updates 8-16gb card should be used   and no to ds702 software

•   Level 3   
    (53) points
    glennd11
    2014-03-12 08:22:19 (Reply to:garyr)
     Thanks for the reply gary, i have been onto autel and at the moment and to be honest they are not a great help. They are telling me i am downloading the wrong pcsuite, i know this so point me in the right direction to download the correct download "muppets". I am using their download pcsuit v6.13.zip but the setup.exe file inside is for the DS708 so it conflicts with my registered card.

•   Level 4   
    (171) points
    garyr

2014-03-12 09:44:06 (Reply to:glennd11)

how I did it was down load from cd that came with tool to pc so you should have updater on screen then came on here and down load the top one called autel pcsuite v6.13 this changes the one on screen to v6.13 then when you put your id in and start it should show your tools product id in top left hand side off screen and updates below hope this helps

•   Level 3   
    (53) points
    glennd11
    2014-03-15 10:25:32
     Thanks gary for all your input, I have managed to sort it out with no thanks to autel who were rubbish at customer service. If anyone interested found a great site for obd error codes, symptoms, causes and possible solutions for 45 car manufactures.

http://www.datsc.com/tabid/122/OBD-Error-Code/P0107/Diagnostics/Peugeot/Default.aspx

•   Level 4   
    (171) points
    garyr

2014-03-15 10:57:23 (Reply to:glennd11)

no problem glenn nice to see some body come back on forum to say how they  put problem right
     cheers gary

•   Level 3   
    (53) points
    glennd11
    2014-03-15 11:51:31 (Reply to:garyr)
     The problem was somewhat down to me as i followed all instructions, i Will explain.
    1.) Received my brand new md802
    2.) Read the manual
    3.) Created my Account on pro.auteltech.com
    4.) Registered my serial number and password at pro.auteltech.com
    5.) Ran supplied disc with autel update on it
    6.) When it asked me for my autel ID I entered my email address but could not enter it all as it would not let me enter all the characters
    7.) Re-read the manual and noticed it said AUTEL in the id box
    8.) Entered AUTEL plus my password and entered the site
    9.) Got an error message saying that my serial number did not match, change serial No. YES/No. I chose Yes, corrupted my SD card
    10.) I had made a backup of the authorization.txt and replaced the corrupted file with this, back to normal.
    12.) Entered back into site but chose NO
    13.) It downloaded the update for DS708
    14.) Uninstalled all installed programs and re-installed the correct download for the md802, I done this procedure 4-5 times unistalled and re-installed and every time it would download the DS708 upgrade software, this was even logging into pro.auteltech.com directly using my proper email address and password. I tried everyone i could get hold of at autel but they were useless, a Nick Goodman at autel.uk even told me a lie stating that my md802 was a grey import and would not help me.
    15.) After i uninstalled for the last time i decided to check my pc to see if the uninstall had left any files on my P.C. and low and behold it did not remove all the log files associated with the original install when i used the AUTEL ID to log in. This was the cause of all my grief as the AUTEL ID i used was registered to the DS708 and it did not matter that i was downloading the correct setup for my MD802 it automatically downloaded the upgrade for the DS708
    16.) Deleted all the files in Program Files - Autel
    17.) Re-installed setup V6.13 from the pro.auteltech.com web site
    18.) BOOM! sorted downloaded 113 upgraded files, not to original card but to a 8 gig SD card
  Total2 Pages